Friday, May 31, 2013

Wee Window





This is my favorite site line in the entire Florida House. Coming down the staircase, there is small window in the thick stucco'd block wall at the bottom of the stairs, that offers a porthole peek at the pool. The sill has clay tiles, original to this 1935 house. My Jumbo the elephant soda bottle catches the light from the pool, as does the jar of old marbles which I bought while shopping with my Grandad in Dorchester on Thames in the UK many years ago. I always think of him when I pass that window and of how much I loved him. The tin baby cup has no purpose, but I rather fancied it at a market long ago.

We have a weekend of family gatherings ahead, Sweet Mama and her 79th birthday this week, family from NY are coming in, and on Monday Girl Child and I are heading North a little to pick up her new puppy. Henry Francis will make his blog debut on Monday!. Weekend cheer to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Henry Francis - Love it! safe trip girlies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your "porthole window!" Charming . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this window and all its 'treasures', Chania.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the original tiles, which are almost eighty years old. I had never seen an elephant soda bottle before, I love the colorful elephant hanging from it. The best pieces are the ones which bring up happy memories. Have fun with the new puppy, I love the name Henry Francis.

    Please visit My Webblog: PhD Degree Programs

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania