Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fashion Item of the Week - Moccasins


























The slouchy, hippie side of me would like to wear moccasins all day long. Should you be traveling in Canada, picking up a pair of these handmade shoes is a must, either for yourself or as a gift to return home with. Your friends will love you if you bring them a pair of these buttery soft mocs, made from moose and caribou leathers (hunted in the wild for food) that are hand crafted and beaded in Northern Quebec. I've been waiting an entire year to come north, to a little outpost on the way to Tobormory, to pick myself out a pair. I've been parading around in them ever since.

11 comments:

  1. Those look so comfortable, Chania you're right - you could live in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fun Chania. I love your "thinking for yourself" style. Enjoy being in comfort . . . they look comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chania

    Those are just beautiful and almost too great to wear. I think I would display mine in my library.

    Tobormory must be beautiful this time of year

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know eventually we will be living in a place where a not too long drive will find us in Canada .. I look forward to that ( among a million other things:) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these bring me back to when I was a little kid and my Mom bought herself and me a pair at an Indian reservation we visited, they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to wear those for years. Bought myself a pair in Arizona and I loved them. They are beauitful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a similar pair - mine came from Red Lake Ontario - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have a pair many years ago. I don't remember how I got rid of the smell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a pair for both of my children when they were babies. They were the only slippers that would stay on their feet at that stage. I absolutely loved them. Ours were made by an Innu woman in Labrador but very similar looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chania, Can you tell me exactly where you purchased these? I am in the area and looking for them as a gift

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania