Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mink.....I Think.








I was walking around the Lion's Head Marina this afternoon when a young man called me over to look at 2 animals beside the boat ramp. He picked them up and tried to stop them from falling over the side of the boat ramp. Apparently he had seen the mother carrying another of the babies to a new location. Luckily my camera was with me and I managed to get some shots. First I thought they were ferrets, but then a man came over and told me they were minks. He told me minks stink like a skunk and promptly proceeded to pick one up and make me smell it. AWFUL. Then it peed on him. Good thing the mother returned or I would be boxing them up and shipping to the Home for Abandoned and Unwanted Animals in Trelawnyd aka the home of John Gray. If you read his blog Going Gently you know what I mean. If you haven't read it..you should. 

Does anyone know IF this is a mink or maybe a fisher?

9 comments:

  1. I think a mink . . . I am surprised how small they are . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're minks too - and I'm so relieved to hear the mama came back - poor little things!!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husband thinks a mink also, he said doesn't look like a fisher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky! I've lived around mink my whole life and have never seen babies! That is just amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mink babies are too cute! Thanks for the link to Going Gently. I clicked over and will be reading daily from now on. Love finding a new blog that is different from the pack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful shots! I have no clue what they are...I would have guessed otters, because we have those here, but sadly, no minks in our area!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know. But you've taken some brilliant pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a good mixture...minks and chickens!
    Cute though

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania