Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend In Pictures

This last weekend in January has everyone in the Northern Hemisphere craving Spring and warm sunshine.
I took my globe collection from the cottage and arranged them here on top of the big cabinet in the dining room.  That little bit of turquoise brings some life to this quite dark room. 
My mum, sister, daughter and daughters friend joined us for Sunday Supper.  The weather just calls for a big roast dinner, in this case Pork Loin with applesauce from wonderful organic Granny Smiths, which needed no sugar at all.  I made my first ever Coconut Cream Pie using a recipe I found on Deb's blog Loyalist Cottage.  HERE is a link for her wonderful pie.  Short on time, I opted for a bought crust, which turned out to be all smashed up in the box, so I had to take the second one in the package and patch it up. 
Hubby got a leather wing chair for his 50th, and I moved it to the living room because it simply was not getting sat on in the basement and I want it to look old and worn which may take 50 years.

Hannah Cat enjoys the family dinners and prefers to watch the goings on from her cozy bed.  She really misses the dogs :(
We went for a Cheap Chicken Dinner and to see The King's Speech which I loved.  I love anything with Royalty and  the costuming was lovely.
And...my newest TV programme infatuation is Downton Abbey.  Tales of Lord and Lady Grantham and their household.  A bit of Upstairs Downstairs for those who enjoyed that.
Check it out on http://www.pbs.com/.  Again the costuming is fabulous, as is the house, the scenery and of course my favourite Maggie Smith.

16 comments:

  1. I love the globes! I always look for them in garage sales but don't have much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A full weekend! My hubby turned 51 just Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your pie turned out! Mine got eaten up in short order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great weekend! Love hubby's wingback!
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh CHANIA.... I went to THE KINGS SPEECH and Have been watching Downton Abbey also..the speech was incredible. Downton Abbey is great because it is in the perspective of the servants, which is why I like Catherine Cookson and Josephind Coc novels....I think I have watched all of the movies that BBC produces... My favorites are North and South, Cranford and most of all Northanger Abbey.

    And the snooty oldest daughter in Downton Abbey got what was coming..I just hope that things with Edith get rectified...and now we have to wait!!! WHAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josephine Cox...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the mother , Elizabeth mcgovern I saw in my teens in a movie called Racing with the Moon..a very very good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to view Downtown Abbey from Netflix because PBS has cut much of it because they say we have a short attention span or something to that effect, very insulting. I watch PBS to slow down for goodness sake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your globe collection!...wish I had some pie,I probable could have eatn' about half.
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your weekend pictures Chania. Pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the collection of globes you put together. I love a bright grouping of similar things...so much fun and an unusual collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum. I like the cupboard of worlds too. I have been told to watch Downton Abbey, but every time I hear the word 'Grantham', I think of Margaret bloody Thatcher, and I start to feel ill.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a great collection! Yes, I hear that movie is fantastic, I really must try to see it. I miss all the movies I'd really like to see. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet if you let your lovely Hannah Cat sit in the leather chair it would get worn in a LOT quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like a fab weekend! I love homemade apple sauce and your pie looks divine! I've heard great things about that movie and I'm hoping to see it soon. love your globe collection too.

    thanks for adding my blogiversary giveaway to your sidebar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE those globes. I have suddenly started a globe loving thing of late so nice to see how they can look en-masse. I have one so far. Will have to improve on that.

    MD xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania