Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Missing UBC Student.

My Nephew attends UBC.  His roommate has gone missing.  He has not been heard from Since October 19. Please read the following and pass it on and pray that they find this boy safe. PLEASE If any of you would like to post this on your blog that would be great.  Word of mouth could help find this boy.  Imagine if this was your child.  You would want as many people as possible posting this.  Thank You.


Mitchell Gallivan
A FAMILY PLEA
We are missing our beloved 19 year old son Mitchell. he's been gone since Oct 19  he is most likely in a wilderness setting in BC or Alberta

He is very stressed and suicidal. We think he's headed for a wilderness setting or comunal farm in BC or Vancouver but he could be anywhere. If you have suggestions on where else to search please let us know - our phone is 604 221-0737

From Vancouver Police Dept.
Missing: 19 Year old Vancouverite
October 26, 2011
Vancouver Police are asking for the public’s assistance to help find a missing Vancouver man. Family last had contact with 19 year old Mitchell Gallivan on Monday, October 17th, and he hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
Mitchell is white, 6’3” tall and 190 lbs., with short brown hair, blue eyes, and possibly a scruffy beard. It is unknown what clothing Mitchell was last wearing.
Mitchell may be en route to the Calgary area of Alberta to look for work. He might be travelling via Kamloops and could be spending time there.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Mitchell Gallivan is asked to contact their local police.

19 comments:

  1. This was always my nightmare as a mother. I will definately pray for him and his family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, how awful. I agree with Sarah, this is something a mother always thinks about. I pray that he is found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heart goes out to his family and friends. I will keep him in my thoughts. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sending out the alert .. I simply cannot imagine anything more horrific than not knowing where or how one of my children was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so terrible. Thanks for posting. His family must be panicked. My heart goes out to them. He's so young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, as a mom of 3 boys, one of whom is 19 I can't even imagine...this must feel like a nightmare for the parents! I hope they find him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is heartbreaking. I know someone in Alberta. I will forward this on to her. ~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am forwarding as we speak to friends in Vancouver, Victoria and Calgary. This is dreadful.
    I'm also going to post on my facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chania, how awful. I cannot imagine if that were my child. I will keep them in my prayers. And please keep us posted if ya hear anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is heart wrenching. I can only imagine what the family must be feeling.
    Can I direct people on Facebook to this blog for the info if I post it there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so horribly terrible. We all think of our own children at these times don't we.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awful. I hope they find him. Please keep us posted? Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so upsetting. I can't even imagine how frightened his family must be. I will keep them in my thoughts. I so hope that he is found soon.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry. This takes me back to my article in the eighties about two 13 year old girls that were kidnapped. Never were found. Haunts me to this day, the work I did on that case... Hope they find this boy safe and sound.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. How terrible. I will post it on my Facebook account...you never know if it may help. I hope he is found safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry, I came here to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving but didn't know that I would see this. My thoughts are with his Family on this day.
    Take care.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mitchell is a great guy. He is a patient at our dental clinic in Calgary for many years. Keep his name in ther media so it is fresh in everyone's minds!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We know Mitch from his childhood years. A Wonderful boy! I cant imagine what his family is going through right now. We just learned of his disappearance the other day and are deeply concerned. I have shared the police notice to my facebook wall for friends and family to keep their eyes open. We are praying for his safe return!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania