Saturday, May 12, 2012

In the Garden










It was one of the nicest days this Spring today and after breakfast out, we pottered the garden center and picked up a few bags of soil, pots and various plants. The robins nest has some chicks, but I couldn't peek in far enough to get a photo without upsetting Mamma. I found some lovely old looking clay planters at my local Fortino's...perfect for a succulent garden of Hens and Chicks as well as a pretty camelia tree with fragrant blossoms. Hannah Cat, Foster Dog and Raz Man all lounged on the lounge furniture while I putz'ed around filling pots and drinking coffee. A perfect way to spend a Saturday. Drinks on the patio of friends 2 doors down, and a final peek at Mamma Bird who is settled in for the night with the chicks.

10 comments:

  1. That was a perfect Saturday! Friends and family nearby while puttering in the garden - love it. That robin is so beautiful - two of them took a bath in our pond today - I love watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chania, the succulents are beautiful. I move mine about the garden all the time. Happy Sunday, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of day . . . love your pots, plants, patio . . . and a touch of momma RobIn mothering her nest. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your posts and photos Chania. You have such style, but style that has warmth and totally makes me want to come and have drinks with you too!! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day I'm off to recreate it right now!

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect Day! Your patio looks beautiful. I hope you don't mind if I copy a couple of pots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet Foster dog is loving the sun and just lolling around.
    I can't wait to be planting in a real garden again, my little balconies are groaning with the weight of the pots ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I envy you that gorgeous red Adirondack chair! Your gardens are so lovely. I happened to plant a potted succulent garden just yesterday. Planned to show it tomorrow. Love them!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that table Chania. I am looking for ideas to make one like that in our back yard. Can you tell me how long and wide it is? It looks like a great table for alfresco dining.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an enjoyable day and the photos are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania