Monday, December 3, 2012



























Breakfasting outdoors with freshly squeezed tangerine juice and hibiscus flowers from my own hedge is all done now. We flew home from Florida yesterday arriving in Niagara Falls to a steady drizzle rain and cold temperatures. After 17 days of perfect sunshine, my knee knew it was back and started acting up almost immediately. We have made such great friends in Florida, we hated to leave. We've been enjoying backyard fires with them, dinners out, drinks around the pool and had lots of visitors to show St. Petersburg off to. I will say I have gotten used to nativity scenes beside palm trees (historically more accurate) and a Santa Claus parade in shorts and t shirts is much more bearable than minus 5 and sleet. And for those that needed snow, the city hauled in 56 tons of the white stuff so the locals could toboggan and celebrate Snowfest in 80F.

It's always good to be home though. Girl Child had come home for the weekend and the Feline was  happy to see us. Frenchie however had the best live in dog sitter ever and barely acknowledged our return.  


8 comments:

  1. It must be so nice to be able to enjoy both climates. I think it makes one appreciate both more. (And be open to more things in life ie. palm trees and nativity scenes which, as you said are far more historically correct.)
    I love reading about your adventures here and there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hauling 56 tons of snow!! sounds like Vancouver during the Winter Olympics :>) But good for them because those who have not experienced snow are surely missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so happy and relaxed. This 2nd home has been worth all the headaches and bother. Perhaps you should have been a Floridian all along?

    It took me years not to mind the blow up snowmen in front of palm trees here.The last few years we've even had snow now and then. Thanks global warming. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW IT! Those hibiscus blossoms had to be from your hedge!! Just not right, that's all! lol
    And your own tangerine juice...of course. I can really feel that you had to tear yourself away from there Chania. Good thing you know you can always return. Welcome back to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One door closes and another opens ..... as they say. The hibiscus blossoms are beautiful, but so good too to have your Girl Child to visit when you got back and to see Feline and Frenchie again. Hope your knee is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you can have the beautiful hibiscus as the deer always eat mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Chania,
    So pleased you had a wonderful time, it sounded just how a holiday should and you get to go back! I hope you got to swim each day, as I think I would be in your beautiful pool all the time! Christmas beckons, so the family needed you back!!
    Best wishes Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful sight in the depths of my winter. I've never seen jam jars in better company.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania