|Custom name tags|
|The Easter Bunny doesn't get any cuter|
|Custom for a salon called Evolve....|
|My days work.....|
I love to craft, and clay tags are one of my favorite things to make. I made 100 for my son's wedding. We tied them onto pots of homemade jam for wedding favors. They make a great craft project for older children too. There are a few tutorials on the internet. Some you pay for like this one HERE and some are free HERE. If you want to buy tags there are many on Etsy. You can hang them on wine bottles and gifts and also hang as decorations. See below for photos of my tags on gifts over the years.
Today I made some Easter Bunny ones, some for a hair salon called Evolve, as they are having a special event, and some for Baby Emma to give her aunts and grandmother(s). For Emma's, I hung ribbons and pompoms from the bottom as well because I was feeling very FESTIVE today.
You need. 1 tub of Crayola white modelling clay (kids clay) About $9.00. A rolling pin. cookie cutter, Rubber stamp and ink, parchment paper, a skewer to make the hole and doiley, fabric or anything that can leave an imprint.
- roll the clay out onto parchment paper about 1/3- 1/2 cm thick...any thinner and they wil crack and be very difficult to handle
- cut your shape with cookie cutter
- stamp your design, or press whatever you wish to imprint into the clay gently
- poke a hole for the string or ribbon in the top
- leave to dry overnight on cookie sheet
- you can put them on a cookie sheet in a 200 F oven for a couple of hours to speed things along.
- tie on a pretty ribbon
|100 heart tags for the wedding.|
|Bridal shower tags.|
|Hand dipped marshmallow treats.|
|Cookbook wrapped in a tea towel for birthday gift|
|A Celtic cross for my Irish friend's birthday|
|A pack of handmade cards embellished with a clay tag|
|For your love......|