Tuesday, March 26, 2013

First Gifts.







I'm think I'm going to be indulgent and post a lot of baby related posts in the future. Please forgive me! BABY now has a name. Emma. As much as I would love to post photos, the parents aren't so keen on photos on a public forum, so I am not going to post any yet without approval. She does have a shock of black hair which comes from the Raz Man's family and, I can assure you, she is a cute as can be. I won't see her in person until Thursday, but I have been putting a few things together for her. Instead of cut flowers, I sent the new parents a basket of potted pink and white tulips and hyacinth. Once the bulbs are finished they can plant them in the garden and each March a cluster of bulbs will pop up to celebrate Emma's birthday each year.

I have collected vintage baby cups for years and selected one for baby from my collection. The vintage ones are usually very inexpensive and I think much prettier than some new ones. Plus it's a reflection of me-her Nani-to give her a treasure from a dusty market and not Tiffany. This is a very feminine one, made by Rogers and has a lovely band around the middle and a barley twist handle.  I added a wee fork and spoon and tucked them into a little Peter Rabbit bag that I made. And of course a pink bow. You can't go overboard on pink bows!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I missed the Sunday post. Congratulations Nani, so exciting. I even have tears in my eyes.

    We'll have to call you the doter.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name! You are going to be the perfect Nani. Enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so exciting! I love the little silver cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Emma. Love the cup, spoon, and fork. I recently bought several baby spoons at an estate sale for very little. They are sweet and I am always drawn to them. We do not post images of our g-kids either. Their parents can, if they wish, but we do not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Chania, you surely can't go overboard on pink bows. The moment you lay eyes on her in person, will be with you forever.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can go overboard on both pink bows and posts about your sweet Emma. Love that cup, it is sweet and perfect along with the fork and spoon. Again, congratulations to you all! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name Emma! I understand about the photos...my daughter and Husband were fine with me showing Tiger on my blog, but some are not and it is to be respected. I'm sure she is beautiful. I love the vintage cup! Big hug, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh Little Emma . . . We are all excited about your birth and wishing happy "first days" with your mommy and daddy. Save some squirms and coos for granny and grand pops . . . they can't wait to see you.

    Joys and wishes Chania . . . I am so happy for you . . . and your little pink "first."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Emma is a perfect name for her. It works so beautifully in both English and French. Great choice!
    I love the baby cup as a gift. We received such a cup for the birth of our son and we still treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice! I love vintage baby stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania