Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sarah Richardson's Farmhouse Bathroom-Part 4

I am not trying to drag out this Sarah's House thing in order to get you to check back every day.  It's just that the web photos have to be clipped with Photoshop and sized, as they are not in a copy and paste format.  And because.... despite getting an A in Photoshop in design school..... I don't seem to remember taking the course, and have to rely on B---- to do this task for me.  Next to moving my "junk" from here to there (and sometimes back again) this is one of his favorite tasks!   Anyway, I've been crazy busy with things like finding a church pew on the side of the road..........

Marble floor with black marble inserts. Gorgeous marble counter on a revamped vintage cupboard.
I think that mirror is really sweet., and the cupboard...perfect.
 
What's a farmhouse without a chicken?  Or is this a duck?
Classic white subway tile with marble surround. Her first installer botched the tile job and she had to get her regular tile guy to come and fix it, hand placing each of those little graphite tiles individually. Initally they built the shower stall to large,  compromising the space between it and the toilet, so she ripped it out and they redid it.  See..even seasoned professionals have issues with trades.
Being the type to read a novel or my House and Home in the bathtub, I LOVE this tub and the curtains, and to be able to look out of the window....... I wonder if that is a second duck, or the first duck moved for styling purposes................

All images from http://www.hgtv.ca/

15 comments:

  1. church pew on the side of the road? where do you live, heaven?! well, i was thrilled last night to find Sarahs show on t.v...can't believe i havn't found it before. i just love her style and she is so dern cute too. i could spend serious time in a tub like that!
    happy sunday,
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curch bench on the road? What a score! How long is it? I have one too, although it is a mid size one. Good , good very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got Erin's joke....church bench= heaven..hahaha. Last night i watched Sarah's House and she did the dining room...I hated her wallpaper! Looks like something my mom put on the wall in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me?? I love your posts! I am thinking there is only one duck and he has been moved for photo ops.

    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chania!
    I love this bathroom. The yellow looks amazing, I would never have thought of using yellow and gray like that. Sarah is SO talented with using colour and pattern. I find I always mess it up with too much colour and pattern but she can really pull it off.
    That's amazing that you found a church pew, it must be spring cleaning season because I have seen tons of things on the side of the road today. Have a great week!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this years show...although her "budget" is anything but a budget to most of us....did not like how she did her dining room though, did you? Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the yellow flowers and duck/chicken...I am not sure either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please tell me where Sarah purchased this fabric. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking for that fabric too, rapidnurse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're all looking for that fabric :) Please let us all know where we can get it. Thanks in advance, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the fabric is Waverly " Garden Tour". It is available through Joann Fabrics website.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is the name of the yellow color on the bathtub? Is it Sherwin Williams paint?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christina WhitleyMay 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

    The fabric is a Sanderson fabric from the Etchings & Roses Collection in Empire Yellow.

    http://www.sanderson-uk.com/DesignDetails.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The yellow bird is cool. I wonder where she got that from?

    zane

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania