Friday, March 23, 2012

And on to the Weekend.....

I am a sucker for corner store flowers. Especially the potted bulbs. Not so fond of the plastic pots and coloured paper wraps they come in. I always yank them out and re-pot them in something a little prettier. This was my Sweet Mama's mixing bowl from when I was a kid. I remember her making steamed puddings in this. The bottom is a bit worse for wear due to her old hand cranked mixer, but the glaze on the outside is still lovely and it's simple and fresh, so I use it for planting.


I treated myself a little pot of daffs and one of crocus for $2.99 each. Once they are spent, I shall replant them in the garden and the'll re-gift me next year. I decided they look prettiest on my old dresser along with my stag horn-a gift from my sister who found it while walking. I had hidden away from the banana eating Foster Dog (you can read about his antics HERE and HERE) lest he think he had a new 4 point bone. Foster Boy has however passed muster and I am happy to say his "trial" is over and he is now officially adopted into a family who adores him with 4 cats. I anxiously await for "the Call" regarding Foster Dog 2. Perhaps this weekend. I am hosting a dinner party Saturday night so that may prove interesting. Enjoy your weekend.

14 comments:

  1. I love that you used your mom's old bowl for the flowers. They really do look lovely in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look so nice in the bowl. Your doggy is gone! He's a pretty cute guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look beautiful...so pretty in that bowl. I feel like I'm always buying flowers. I can't believe I haven't gotten any daffodils this year. Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your corner store flowers repotted in your "mama's mixing bowl!" PERFECT, I too like to do thinks like this. I have one place in my garden where I have planted bulbs and lowers from things the kids have given me over the years. Hyacinths, tulips, lilies, and others pop up each year and give me smiles and memories returned . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I stop writing in the middle of my comment, it won't let me correct my errors, thus thinks should say THINGS and lowers should be FLOWERS plus use your imagination for anything else I have mistakenly written . . . PLEASE . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your images are magazine worthy! Love your new bulbs and can't believe your sister found that amazing horn while out strolling.
    Happy Friday,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that mirror and you are right about the plants they always look better in pots we love I am seeding now in a large wide mixing bowl. How are ya its been a minute since I've stopped by!? Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you mix and match things that people have given to you or that were handed down to you. It makes for a lovely home.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mixing bowl planter is a wonderful and beautiful idea. So glad FD #1 has found a home, you were a great foster mom! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea about buying flowering bulbs for indoors then planting them outside when they are finished so they can continue living, hopefully to flower next year. Loved that chest of drawers as well. We have a similar one but it is nowhere near as delightfully aged as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mixing bowl and all it's memories filled with flowers is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your potted colour. The mixing bowl is utterly charming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spring, glorious spring! Have a wonderful weekend girlfriend <3
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed hearing your stories of the Foster Dog, it reminded me of when I was a kid and my mom fostered animals for our local Save-A-Pet. One of the worst dogs we ever had grabbed the turkey off the counter and a birthday cake. The most amazing part was that we kept him, Arthur, the biggest Basset Hound we had ever seen. I hope you enjoy being a foster pet mom.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania