Saturday, March 24, 2012

Party of 8

We're hosting a birthday Party tonight for our friend Barry. When I host a do, it's always somewhat casual. Since I had a 5 minute wedding that cost $15.00, I didn't have a registry and therefore never had fancy china and matchy silverware. Tonight I am using my vintage flea market Buffalo China, a paisley block printed tablecloth, and some bright Indian napkins mixed in with some grey linen ones. 


Because my house is rather small, I only have 4 matching chairs, so one side of the table sits on white slip covered chairs and the other side on the leather chairs from the kitchen. Women on the left, men on the right I say. The pretty candle stick is a second hand find. If I was to liken myself to a TV personality, it would be Ina Garten but with more of a hippy flair, and I think that is reflected in my oh so casual table setting.


I've added $20.00 worth of supermarket flowers all re-potted in white earthenware bowls and I made sure the chalk is out in the little silver cup so people can write their real thoughts on the blackboard that is right behind these leather chairs. I may have to erase it in the morning.

13 comments:

  1. Your table looks really lovely Chania. What a nice birthday present for the recipient. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casual is lovely, too. I wondered about the chalk and now I know what it is for. Enjoy your dinner with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Chania! What a lovely table setting and all your personal touches make it all the more special. Hope your evening is full of fun and interesting chalkboard comments. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is casual but elegant too. Very YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely. I'd love to know what will be written on the blackboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now we just need to know what you're serving...or at least i do.

    Looks lovely. Have fun.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablescape mainly reflects your fantastic eye for design. Casual chic...that's my name for it! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pretty tablescape - especially the paisley tablecloth and the pretty flowers down the middle. By the way, why is it Buffalo china (the company name? where you bought it?) - inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect for Barry and birthday friends! Ina Garten is my favorite . . . she always seems relaxed and everyone else does too. For dome reason, even though we have never met . . I am sure you are just as relaxed and your guests love to be invited to your place for dinner. Snap a picture of the chalk board so we can enjoy too! Have a rowdy great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your table is beautiful and charming! I bet your guests loved it. Hope it was a great evening & Happy Birthday to Barry!!

    happy weekend,
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful setting! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful table Chania...and I love Ina btw. It sounds like you had a wonderful evening based on that chalkboard in your latest post. I love it way more than the sterile perfect "magazine" worthy one. I'd put yours in a magazine any day!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania