Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Table Saga..............

We hung the Chandelier and I love it.  I will do a post of the dining room makeover but I am waiting for a table and a blackboard before it is done. I spotted a table in Pottery Barn recently.  I went home to think about it.  I then saw that it went on sale while browsing the web. I called my local store where I had originally seen the table.  This is how the conversation went from their end.
  • I am sorry we don't carry that table
  • Oh, we do carry it, but it is not on sale
  • It will take 2 weeks
  • It is on back order for 6 weeks
  • It is 10% off
  • We have one on the floor in the scratch and dent
  • We can't find the leaves
  • It is an additional 20% off
  • We found the leaves
  • Because it has a scratch it is now 30% off
So the table I couldn't have because they didn't carry it that wasn't on sale was a whopping 40% off and it is coming next Tuesday. 

18 comments:

  1. Retail!!!!!!!!! ugh.

    I know you can fix it and I am glad you got it!!! The chandy is amazing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chandy! Can't wait to see the table :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love those conversations Chania!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love that. Hopefully, their shipping is more organized than their floor staff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't they drive you crazy? I had a similar run in with Sony today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Funny, but it reads like you wouldn't have had to say anything.

    Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful chandelier! I am looking for one as well. Would you mind sharing where you bought it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came from an Etsy Shop

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/kemmofer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the chandy. What an odd conversation! I'm glad it turned out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. drives you crazy doesn't it! seems like sometimes retail goes out of its way not to sell. hope it turns up ok and you love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LUCKY DUCK! Can't wait to see the whole re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dont you just hate conversations like that.

    I have a dining table saga. I have yet to return to it...lol

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilarious! All's well that ends with a 40% discount!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous chandelier ...I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see your new table too and it sounds like you got a great deal!!! ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Honestly! I can just imagine the frustration of that conversation! It sounds like it worked in your favour and I can't wait to see it! The chandelier is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant steal of deal on the table! AND the chandelier is gorgeous...I love the long crystals on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania